Sunday 29 April 2012

Journal entry-3


Pyramus and Thisbe

When we read any story, we tend to compare it with the one that we have already read, or with our experience or even with our culture. Reading  the  Pyramus and Thisbe reminds me the story of Romeo and Juliet , the famous controversial  love story. At the end of the story, readers  might  emotionally  ask about  the meaning of love and loyalty. Further,  readers  also might   argue if it worthwhile to die for   love- affectionate relationship between man  and woman which some people  call it as an erotic love.
Discussing on the relationship between Pyramus and Thisbe which ended in tragic way for me could be as their MISFORTUNE relationships. I think they should have run away from home to meet and marry if they were not in that era. I say so because they still meet to each other in a secret place even though they know that they do not have any chance to be one   for their relationship is disapproved by their parents .
I do not mean that they should run away from home and be one as husband and wife because they  are lovers. What I am trying to say is that the way they treat to each other , could be in this era , is one of the couples who runs away from home for hunting  their beloved one. That is why I say that their relationship is fallen in the MISFORTUNE. I am not so sure about it  for  people are so complex to be understood when come to love. I just dare to say, MIGHT BE.
When come to the suitability of this text to bring as source of learning in class, I quiet positive about it. Whether  we realize or not, it is  good to give them good knowledge about relationship between man and women. I do believe that they have their own perception about love and the forbidden relationship which finally we can grab as way to instil moral  values and educate them in the such kind of relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment