Sunday 29 April 2012

Journal entry-5


Nature or Nurture
The expression above Suddenly  comes across to my mind!
I read and read and read by titles of the stories in the Aesop fables and then felt in love with the stories in the Aesop fables. It was like a discovery that I said to myself, “ reading amongst students could be nurtured” if you find a creative way to nurture it. The only thing is that could you find ways to nurture their reading habit in a creative way?
Reflect to the question above is that, “ are you  a diligent and courageous  one”? I say so because, we teachers tend to give up doing things that others never try to listen to . I know there are some students who are possessed by rocky mountain of heart to listen to you or never try out your advice and you finally  say,” your own, your own”. I experienced that!
The thing is that, we like or not, it is our job to find way to shape them from “dislike” into “ like” reading.  At least, that is what I am thinking now.
Speaking about ways, I would like to try to ask them blogging, just like we are doing now. I will create a blog to them to surf  and then ask them to read what on the blog. I will find them one interesting story and they will do the same. I mean every student will post one interesting story as contribution and the most interesting one will be rewarded. Readers will put “like” to the story they like the most. The story with the most voted will be the winner.
I hope I can do it after this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment