Sunday 29 April 2012

Journal entry-4


I have a dream by JR Luther King

This text is really familiar to me because I did review about it in the Public speaking paper last semester. In this speech, the speaker try to persuade the multi-racial people to unite against the racist. The speech is touching  and able to poise you. This text is really useful and for  me a priceless treasure I ever had.
As a teacher, we are given many roles in school including giving students ample practice and sources when they ask or interested to participate in a competition from school level  to  district level or even in the higher level of competition.

I am very happy that I can share this text to my students who want to write text on public speaking for  our school level competition. Last week, one of my students asked me on how to write an effective public speaking. I asked her to google and print  this speech of JR Luther. I said, we could  arrange a suitable time to discuss on how to do  the effective public speaking by studying the text that I asked her to print.
Finally, the student, decided to write a persuasive public speaking. She wrote on the” Beautiful Malaysia”  where in her speech she tried to persuade Malaysians to appreciate the beauty of Malaysia by visiting interesting places in this country rather than going abroad to find for beautiful places to visit. The speech made was very nice. She won the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment